Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Java Green, Washington DC


So I took a small trip to DC for the weekend. My main goal, outside of hitting up a few museums, was to get some vegan eats.

I went to Java Green for Sunday Brunch. Totally delicious, I go the continental breakfast: 3 silver dollar pancakes, toast, tofu scramble, tempeh bacon, and sausage. My friend got a similar breakfast, but with potatoes instead of pancakes.

Pancakes were really tasty, a bit on the thick side, but I like them that way. Potatoes very tasty, good Consistency and seasoning. The scramble was tasty, but I do wish there was more chunks of veggies, peppers, onions or something, I like my scramble alil chunky. Sausage, I believe was gimmie lean brand, which is the best for breakfast sausage. Also great coffee, and a nice choice of non-dairy milks.

Great service, cute area to sit outside, and the best...bottomless mimosas!!!!!

All in all, I'm a fan and would definitely go back next time I'm in dc.

No comments: